In order to strengthen the peacekeeping capacity of the local NGOs, establish a constructive dialogue between government officials, ATO soldiers and the community, and build peace in Ukraine, the IPCG team with the support of the Swedish Society for Peace and Arbitration continues implementation of the project "Disarmament, Demobilization and Reintegration (DDR) Ukraine" from April 2016 till December 2017.
We plan to analyze and contribute to solving the problem of disarmament and the illicit trafficking of arms; help former soldiers in the difficult transition from war to civilian life and improve their social, economic and political integration in 7 communities all over Ukraine. In each community we will attract participants from three groups - demobilized soldiers, local activists and local officials.
1. Increased capacity of the civil society organizations in the field of the DDR issues.
2. Strengthened capacity of the local teams in the field of inclusive dialogue meetings and peacebuilding campaigns.
1. analysis of the situation in the community,
2. seminar on DDR and community security that involves facilitators, local authorities and former soldiers, representatives of Folke Bernadotte Academy,
3. training on disarmament, demobilization and reintegration for former soldiers,
4. dialogue at the community level to demonstrate the potential of communities,
5. development and implementation of mini-projects, which will resolve the most important problems of the community,
6. forum for the network of organizations and facilitators.
Swedish Peace and Arbitration Society (SPAS) - is politically and religiously independent organization that was founded in 1883. We want to see the world more peaceful. To achieve our mission, we are acting as peacekeeping political organization dedicated to global disarmament, peaceful resolution of conflicts, the spread of democracy and promotion of human rights. Keeping abreast of and influencing legislative activities, supporting peace efforts in the international arena and helping local organizations in conflict zones, we try to promote accountability, development perspectives and visions in joint efforts to better ensure peace in the world.
Folke Bernadotte Academy (FBA) - Swedish governmental agency that supports peace, security and development all over the world.